2019 concludes the fourth year of our five-year, $5 million Protect, Connect, Sustain Campaign. We are thrilled to report that as of December 31, 2019, your generosity raised $5.43 million, exceeding our campaign goal. With one year remaining, we’re inspired by the continual need to do more for our environment and the communities we serve.
Thanks to our incredible donors, funders and sponsors, we raised $1,840,498 and made a $1,606,518 contribution to CVC programs and projects in 2019. Additionally, as of December 31, 2019, we held $611,156 in trust for future contributions for critical environmental restoration projects, land acquisition and more.
Our donors have helped some great work get done this year, including:
- Parks and conservation area $214,575
- Island Lake Natural playground is nearing completion. The 1.17-acre nature-inspired playground will incorporate natural elements like plants, water, logs, boulders and terrain, with built-in play structures to provide different sensory experiences and diverse play opportunities.
- Credit Valley Trail $506,749
- Acquired the Capstone property securing 650 metres of the trail route and connects a continuous 8.5 kilometre stretch of trail.
- Environmental Education $194,078
- 3,052 youth from our watershed communities took part in CVC’s youth volunteer programs in 2019
- Community Engagement $190,358
- 2,125 corporate and community participants were engaged through 39 events. Together, 7,372 native trees and shrubs were planted restoring 37,821 m2 of land
2019 Donors, Funders and Sponsors
$100,000 – $249,999
Government of Canada
Swim Drink Fish Canada
The Humeniuk Family Foundation & TPC Toronto at Osprey Valley
The Neptis Foundation
$50,000 – $99,999
Estate of Marie Blazic
Friends of the Greenbelt Foundation
United Parcel Service Foundation
$25,000 – $49,999
Canon Canada Inc.
Government of Ontario
Jim & Micheline Muscat
Lakeview Community Partners Ltd.
Rotary Club of Orangeville
TD Friends of the Environment Foundation
$10,000 – $24,999
407 ETR Concession Company Ltd.
Orangeville Lions Club
Port Credit Community Foundation
Port Credit West Village Partners
Rotary Club of Orangeville Highlands
$5,000 – $9,999
Dods & McNair Funeral Home & Chapel
Enbridge Gas Distribution
Fieldgate Land Development Ltd.
Groundwater Environmental Management
NAK Design Strategies Inc.
Patagonia Environmental Grants Fund of Tides Foundation
Samsung Electronics Canada
Schneider Electric Canada Inc.
Sunshine Design & Construction
WWF – Canada
$1,000 – $4,999
Babette & Gord Buck
Benevity Community Impact Fund
Canada Lands Company
Churchville Estates Inc.
County of Dufferin
CRH Canada Group Inc.
Dillon Consulting Ltd.
Dufferin Northern Peel Anglers & Hunters
Earthco Soil Mixtures
Erin Mills Development Corporation
G. Yoon Kim
Gardiner Roberts LLP
Glen Schnarr & Associates Inc.
Homes In The Hills Inc.
Jean & Derek Williams
Mayfield McLaughlin Development
Melrose Investments Inc.
Petro Canada Lubricants Inc.
R & M Construction
R. J. Burnside & Associates
Sandy Dal Zotto
Schaeffer & Associates
SpringBrook Estates Inc.
Terrance & Wendy Carter
TFP Clockwork Developments Inc.
The Benevity Community Impact Fund
The Community Foundation of Mississauga
Town of Caledon
Tutelary Productions ULC
Wildlife Habitat Canada
$500 – $999
Dave & Marilyn Dyce
Don & Eha Naylor
Entomological Society of Ontario
GTAA Partners in Project Green
Hutchinson Environmental Sciences Ltd.
IG Wealth Management
Ontario Trails Council
Rodeo Management Group Inc.
The Kaneff Group of Companies
Thank you to the following businesses that made in-kind donations in support of our signature fundraising events:
407 ETR Concession Company Limited
Barbara Ariss-Stroh Wasser
Forks of the Credit Inn
FRAM Building Group
Gro-Bark / GB Stone
Lavender Blue Catering
Lionhead Golf & Country Club
Maple Leafs Sports & Entertainment
Mississaugua Golf & Country Club
Nestle Waters Canada
Warren’s Waterless Printing