Tuesday, February 23, 2016
6:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Credit Valley Conservation (Head Office), Mississauga, (View Map)
Interested in learning more about our Land Securement goals and how you can get involved?
Please join us on February 23, 2016 to learn more about how you can get involved and become a member of the CVC Foundation Land Securment Cabinet.
About the CVCF Land Securement Cabinet: The CVCF Land Securement Cabinet provides fundraising leadership to enable CVC to secure important natural areas through purchase, donation or easements. These secured natural areas will create an interconnected network of greenlands for the health and well-being of the environment and future generations.
Our campaign goals will advance CVC’s Greenlands Securement Strategy; a science-driven, criteria-based process that identifies significantly important conservation land. The strategy recommends at a minimum, over the next 20 years, that 5,670 hectares of greenlands within the Credit River watershed be secured by CVC and its partners, as these lands will contribute to the foundation of a connected system that will provide natural heritage protection, appreciation and recreational benefits for healthy ecosystems and healthy communities.
Cabinet Goals and Objectives:
- Advise the CVCF Board on any fundraising matter
- Develop the fundraising strategy for the Land Securement Campaign
- Implements, monitors and evaluates the fundraising strategy once it is adopted
- Identify and maintain a list of existing and potential sponsors and funders
- Assume the lead for certain fundraising activities, such as donor recruitment and special events
- Assist Board Members in managing interactions with sponsors/funders: obtaining funds or in-kind services, thanking sponsors/funders in writing
- Together we can create an interconnected network of Greenlands for the health and well-being of the environment and future generations.
RSVP appreciated to Jacob Pries at email@example.com or 905-542-9159
Contact: Jacob Pries at 905-542-9159 or firstname.lastname@example.org