Want to get outside and explore Island Lake Conservation Area? Learn about all the park has to offer here
Local Leadership at Island Lake Conservation Area
The Friends of Island Lake (FOIL) were established in 2005 as a fundraising committee under the Credit Valley Conservation Foundation. The Friends were formed to enhance community involvement and awareness of the need to expand the current trail system at Island Lake Conservation Area. The Friends of Island Lake are local residents and community members dedicated to ensuring that the community and its visitors benefit from quality educational, interpretive and recreational opportunities at Island Lake Conservation Area.
The Friends of Island Lake officially meet four times per year in Orangeville. To learn more about how you can volunteer or get involved, please contact Sharlene Hardwar at email@example.com or 905-670-1615 x557
Upcoming Fundraising Events
There are currently no events scheduled for 2020
- The construction of a 1.1 acre natural playground. Learn more here
- The construction of a covered bridge. Details coming soon!
- Trail upgrades and accessibility improvements to the Vicki Barron Lakeside Trail
- Enhancements to the Island Lake on Water Amphitheatre. Learn more here
A History of Success:
In support of Island Lake Conservation Area, the Friends of Island Lake have:
- Raised more than $2.6 million in donations (cash and in-kind labour and materials)
- Completed more than 10 kilometers of fully accessible trail at Island Lake Conservation Area
- Contributed more than 10,000 volunteer hours each year
- Hosted 11 incredible Bass Fishing Derbies that have attracted hundreds of visitors